Blue Tracker last edited by
In this thread, please discuss ongoing changes to the Warlock class in the Guardians of the Dream PTR.
- Grand Warlock’s Design has been redesigned – Summon Darkglare cooldown is reduced by 30 seconds.
Demonology’s damage profile is currently too reliant on Nether Portal and Tyrant windows. In Guardians of the Dream, we’re redistributing this power to other parts of Demonology’s rotation and decoupling the synergy between these two cooldowns so that they can stand on their own rather than being dependent on one another. We still want Nether Portal and Demonic Tyrant to be impactful, powerful cooldowns – just not the only source of meaningful output for a Demonology Warlock.
- Gul’dan’s Ambition has been redesigned – When Nether Portal ends, you summon a Pit Lord that serves you for 10 seconds.
- Grand Warlock’s Design has been redesigned – Summon Demonic Tyrant cooldown is reduced by 30 seconds.
- Ner’zhul’s Volition has been redesigned – Demons summoned from your Nether Portal deal 15/30% increased damage.
- Demonic Knowledge now has a 10% chance of causing Hand of Gul’dan to generate a Demonic Core (was 15%).
- New Talent: Volatile Fiends – Implosion deals 10% increased damage. Bilescourge Bombers deal 20% increased damage and your spells now have a chance to summon a Bilescourge Bomber.
- Summon Demonic Tyrant has been redesigned – Summon a Demonic Tyrant to increase the duration of your Dreadstalkers, Vilefiend, Felguard, and up to 10 of your Wild Imps for 15 seconds. Your Demonic Tyrant increases the damage of affected demons by 15% while damaging your target.
- Reign of Tyranny has been redesigned – Active Wild Imps grant 1 stack of Demonic Servitude and active greater demons grant 3 stacks of Demonic Servitude, up to 15 stacks. Demonic Tyrant deals 10% additional damage for each stack of Demonic Servitude active at the time of his summon.
- Inner Demons no longer has a chance to summon an additional demon during combat.
- Demonic Core is no longer baseline.
- Demonbolt now grants the passive Demonic Core when learned.
- Shadow Bolt damage increased by 30%.
- Demonbolt damage increased by 15%.
- Vilefiend damage increased by 15%.
- Bloodbound Imps has been removed.
- New Talent: Chaosbringer – Chaos Bolt damage increased by 8/15%. Rain of Fire damage increased by 5/10%. Shadowburn damage increased by 5/10%.
- Chaos Bolt damage increased by 15%.
- Grand Warlock’s Design has been redesigned – Summon Infernal cooldown is reduced by 60 seconds.
- Madness of the Azj’Aqir has been removed.
- Developers’ note: We’re removing Madness of the Azj’Aqir and introducing a new talent, Chaosbringer, that increases the output of Chaos Bolt, Shadowburn, and Rain of Fire. Additionally we are adding damage to Chaos Bolt baseline. We’re doing this specifically to decrease how penalizing movement can feel as a Destruction Warlock while also making these spells feel more impactful.
Source: Feedback: Warlocks, Author: Kaivax, Posted: Thursday, September 7th 2023, 7:26 pm