Gearing in Eternity’s End
Blue Tracker last edited by
Players will harness the power of the First Ones by collecting a variety of new gear in Eternity’s End. Class armor sets are making their return in Eternity’s End, and this time, you’ll obtain them from three sources: bosses in the new Sepulcher of the First Ones raid, the Great Vault (via all activities – raiding, Mythic+, and PvP), and from the forthcoming Creation Catalyst. In Eternity’s End, you’ll also discover a new Runecarving power that lets you harness the effects of your covenant Runecarving power in conjunction with an existing Shadowlands legendary to slay your foes or heal your allies.
Progenitor Armor Set
The Progenitor armor set will grant your character new abilities based on your specialization, and includes a helm, shoulders, chest, gauntlets, and leggings with 2 set bonuses. The first set bonus is unlocked when two set pieces are equipped, and the second bonus is unlocked when four set pieces are equipped. Here are some examples:
Hunter (Beast Mastery)
- 2-piece – Your Kill Command critical strike chance is increased for each stack of Frenzy your pet has.
- 4-piece – Kill Command critical hits increase the damage and cooldown reduction of your next Cobra Shot.
- 2-piece – Casting Shield of the Righteous grants you a stacking increase to your Block chance.
- 4-piece – Blocking an attack has a chance to cast Judgment at your attacker.
- 2-piece – Swiftmend heals an additional amount for each periodic healing effect on the target.
- 4-piece – Swiftmend heals nearby allies for a percentage of its healing done.
You’ll meet the Enlightened Brokers in Zereth Mortis and become allies with them to be able to obtain a new Legendary belt empowered with your covenant’s Runecarving Effect. The unique characteristic of this new Legendary belt is that your Runecarving Effect will switch freely alongside your character whenever swapping covenants. There’s no need to craft a new Legendary Belt for each covenant. The Legendary belt will match the look of your class’s Progenitor armor set and can be equipped alongside another Shadowlands Legendary in a different armor slot, giving you two powerful legendary effects to boost your power. If you’d like to craft the new covenant-swapping Runecarving Effect on a different armor slot, a new Runecarving Memory will let you do so.
- Note: In order to equip two legendary items, one must be either the Legendary belt or another armor slot imbued with the new Runecarving Memory.
All legendaries can now be upgraded with Cosmic Flux, a new currency inspired by lessons learned from Echoes of Ny’alotha in Battle for Azeroth. Cosmic Flux will be rewarded from a variety of activities in Shadowlands Season 3, such as defeating raid bosses, PvP, Mythic+, Torghast, Tower of the Damned, and World Quests.
Once players fully uncover the secrets of the First Ones, the Creation Catalyst will become available. This will serve to help anyone who’s having bad luck on a particular armor slot, or to help alts quickly catch up later in the patch. The Creation Catalyst will use Cosmic Flux in combination with an appropriate non-set armor piece to create a Progenitor armor piece in that armor slot of the same item level. The armor you transform can be obtained from PvP, Mythic+, or other new Eternity’s End content.
For example: The Great Vault rewards an ilvl 265 non-set chest piece. Once the Creation Catalyst is unlocked and enough Cosmic Flux has been collected, this can be used to make an ilvl 265 Progenitor armor piece that activates the set bonus.
- Note: If you earn a non-set armor piece before the Creation Catalyst is unlocked, we recommend hanging on to it in case you want to convert it later.
We’ll see you in Zereth Mortis!
Source: Gearing in Eternity’s End, Author: Kaivax, Posted: Friday, November 19th 2021, 12:21 am
- Hunter (Beast Mastery)